In all the time I have been writing over at that other place, I have never done any of the awards I had been nominated for. Considering the content and purpose of that blog, I just didn’t feel it was appropriate. This blog, however, was created to share my personal reflections and as such, I figured… why not? This past week I was nominated for my first award here at Between Two Seas and so away we go:
Of course, these types of things have rules even though this one clearly states up front that they are totally optional. The Real Neat Blog Award rules are:
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Thank you Dear Kitty for the nomination. I’m honored.
Now to answer your seven questions:
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
The top five countries in order are: USA, Turkey, Canada, UK, India
2. What is your favourite sport?
To watch, basketball. To play, soccer (futbol).
3. What has been a special moment for you in 2015 so far?
Without a doubt when I finally made my new home here in Istanbul.
4. What is your favourite quote?
“Olver touched his nose tentatively, wondering if it really could be tied into a knot.”
5. What was your favourite class when still at school?
6. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
If I had taken my first ever paycheck from my first job and invested it all in qualcomm, I would be set for life. I know, that probably wasn’t the answer you were looking for, but there it is. 😉
7. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
I played the djimbe for quite a while as part of a worship team along with various and sundry other percussion instruments. Beyond that, I played a mean recorder back in grade school. I also have an excellent prison voice. (It is behind a few bars and it can’t find the key)
My seven questions for those I will nominate:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would you go?
4. What is your most embarrassing moment so far in 2015?
5. If you could do anything, what would your dream job be?
6. Where are you right now as you answer this?
7. What is your favorite type of cheese?
And now for the nominations (doing my best to limit it to ten)
Have fun everybody and, once again, thank you Dear Kitty.